First Name:__________________________________ Last Name:___________________________________
Phone Number:(_______)__________________Gender: M F
Birth Date: Month____________ Day______ Year________ , Group Affiliation:_____________________
CRUX CLIMBING CENTER RULES:
- For scheduled single day events, all minors must fill out and sign this application and their parent or guardian must sign the waiver on opposite side or will not be able to climb.
- Harnesses will be provided by Crux. Climbers may provide their own shoes, chalk bag and harness, but at their own risk. No other personal climbing equipment will be allowed in the Crux.
All participants must provide their own tennis shoes. Climbing shoes are not provided for groups.
- Buddy checks are mandatory: Climber checks belayer's equipment; belayer checks climber's.
- Never climb or boulder beneath another climber.
- This form will only allow the minor to climb in the Top Rope areas. It does NOT allow the minor to belay or enter the lead climbing area.
- To allow for the maximum enjoyment for all climbers, climbers must share the ropes, and must not "hog" the routes.
- Unruly conduct will not be tolerated and will be cause for expulsion.
We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone.
- All participants must arrive at their scheduled time to begin the party. Any late arrivals will be charged the regular rate.
- All sales are final. NO REFUNDS.
- All participants must be at least 9 years old. If they are not we have the right to refuse business and ask the whole party to leave.
I UNDERSTAND AND AGREE TO ABIDE BY THESE RULES WHILE AT THE CRUX CLIMBING CENTER
Signature of Minor:_____________________________________________ Date:______________________
Signature of parent or guardian:___________________________Date_________________
---In consideration of my minor child being permitted by Crux Climbing Center, LLC to climb at its facilities, I, the parent or guardian of the minor, agree on behalf of my spouse and such minor to the following waiver and release, and I make the following representations:
---1. I acknowledge the inherent extreme risks in rock climbing activities, including those that take place indoors. I realize that those risks include falls, equipment failure, bad decision-making, inattentive belayers, climbers causing injury to others, and holds that have become loose or damaged by other climbers. I understand that there are unforeseeable, freakish accidents, and I assume all risk associated with such accidents, even though I cannot foresee them. I agree to pay attention to the state of the ropes in the gym and that of the anchors, and to advise gym staff if I do any damage or notice any damage. I agree to abide by all gym rules, and if gym staff make a specific request of or instruction to me, I agree to comply.
---2. I hereby voluntarily release, forever discharge, and agree to hold harmless and indemnify Crux Climbing Center, LLC, Inc., its owners, officers, employees, wall builders, wall designers, hold manufacturers, lessors, insurers, and agents, from any and all liability, claims, demands, actions or rights of action, which are related to, arise out of, or are in any way connected with my participation in this activity, or my being in the climbing area, including specifically but not limited to the negligent acts or omissions of Crux Climbing Center, LLC, its agents, or employees, for any and all personal injury that I may incur.
IN SIGNING THIS DOCUMENT, I FULLY RECOGNIZE THAT IF ANYONE IS HURT WHILE I AM ENGAGED IN THIS ACTIVITY, I WILL HAVE NO RIGHT TO MAKE A CLAIM OR FILE A LAWSUIT AGAINST CRUX CLIMBING CENTER, LLC., OR THE OTHER RELEASED PARTIES, EVEN IF THEY OR ANY OF THEM NEGLIGENTLY CAUSED THE BODILY INJURY.
3. I understand that indoor climbing is not the same as outdoor climbing, and that additional skills are necessary for outdoor climbing that cannot be aquired in the center. I agree to seek qualified instruction before attempting to climb outdoors.
4. Should any indemnified party be required to incur attorney's fees and costs to enforce this agreement, I agree to indemnify and hold them harmless for all such fees and costs.
5. This release applies to and binds my personal representatives, heirs, and my family. If a member of my family under the age of 18 accompanies me to the gym, I make this release and these representations on his or her behalf as well as my own, and I agree to assume responsibility for his or her safety.
If I am a parent or guardian of a minor climbing at the gym, whether or not I am a member myself, or am present when the minor is climbing, I agree to indemnify and hold harmless Crux Climbing Center, LLC and the other released parties in the event a minor member of my family sues them or any one of them. I understand that this means I will pay all damages, fees, costs, and charges incurred by Crux Climbing Center, LLC or any other released party, including attorney's fees and any award of damages.